Focus on the Situation.
Trust your camera is on.
Tell your story
With the ever increasing need for transparency, in a world dominated by technology and enhanced scrutiny, Safariland® introduces the world’s first holster with CAS™ technology - Connected Auto-activation System.
The Safariland holster and camera auto-activation system removes the decision making process of turning on a camera during a potentially life threatening situation, so an officer can be completely focused on the events at hand.
Safariland holster and camera auto-activation technology. Tell your story.Learn about our T&E Program
How the Connected Auto-Activation System Works
Automatic. Simple. Reliable.
As an officer removes their firearm from the Safariland® 7TS™ holster, the Connected Auto-Activation System is triggered, activating the VIEVU® body worn camera.
Wired connection ensures consistent auto-activation.
Initiated by the firearm draw, the camera automatically begins recording until stopped by the officer.
Once the firearm is drawn, every critical moment is captured, including the 30 seconds prior.
Safariland® 7TS™ Holster With Connected Auto-Activation System
Combining the Benefits of Three Industry Leading Technologies
Safariland® 7TS™ Holster With Camera Auto-Activation System
- 30 day battery life with replaceable batteries
- Level II and Level III Retention™ models offered
- Features the ALS® (Automatic Locking System), which secures weapon once holstered
- The SLS (Self Locking System) Rotating Hood offers additional security
VIEVU® LE4 Body-Worn Camera
- Captures 95-degree undistorted field of view
- Continuous record for over 12 hours without recharging battery
- Extremely durable billet aluminum
- 1080, 720 and widescreen 848x480 video resolution
- Secure storage on the Microsoft Azure Government cloud
- CJIS compliant and meets all FBI data security requirements
- VIEVU® smartphone app enables livestream videos and metadata additions
Call for T&E Participants
Safariland invites your agency to get early access to the world’s first holster and camera auto-activation system — a mission-critical milestone in 21st century policing.
What can you expect from Safariland?
- Upon submitting the online T&E form, Safariland will reach out within 24-48 hours to schedule a presentation. Safariland will make every effort to include agencies who desire to be part of the T&E program, but due to limited availability, participation is not guaranteed.
- Safariland will ensure participating agencies are outfitted with all the required equipment — at no cost — including VIEVU LE4 Body-Worn Camera, right-handed Safariland 7360 7TS™ ALS®/SLS Hi-Ride Level III Retention Holster (T&E Program ONLY), both with and without lights supported. Each agency will be equipped with no more than 5 auto-activated holster and camera systems.
- Safariland product experts will instruct users on holster and body-worn camera operations.
- Safariland product experts will check-in regularly for feedback.
What is expected from you?
- Participating agencies will be presented a T&E agreement to review and sign.
- After the completion of the T&E period, agencies will provide online feedback and be able purchase the holster and camera auto-activation system.
- Participating agencies may opt-in to provide testimonials and to be referenced in Safariland marketing campaigns.
No Cost to Participate. Limited Availability.