Innovations driven by field use are the hallmark of Safariland®VIEVU® products and there is nothing more critical than providing officers with innovations that allow them to maintain their focus on an immediate situation. The Camera Auto-Activation System is just such a technology; leveraging the renown Safariland 7TS™ holster, CAS™ technology initiates the body-camera recording upon the draw of a firearm from the holster. Officers can be confident their camera is on as they focus on the moment and the situation. As policing becomes increasingly driven by community involvement, social media and easy access to mobile phone video, protecting the point-of-view of the officer, even for a split second, can save investigatory time, a career, or a life.
Watch the video to get a close-up look at the Camera Auto-Activation System in action.
For more information and technical details about the 7TS holster, the LE4 body-worn camera, and VIEVU Solution evidence management software, click to download and print off the Camera Auto-Activation System Brochure
Safariland VIEVU invites your agency to get early access to the world’s first holster and camera auto-activation system – an innovation to standard duty equipment which is giving rise to new ways of policing. Currently only available in the United States, T&E opportunities are offered with limited availability. Sign up now.
Safariland® 7TS™ Holster
- 30-day battery life with replaceable batteries
- Level II & Level III Retention™ models offered
- ALS® (Automatic Locking System)
- SLS (Self Locking System) Rotating Hood
VIEVU LE4 Body Worn Camera
- Captures 95-degree undistorted field of view
- Continuous record for over 12 hours
- Extremely durable billet aluminum case
- 1080, 720 and widescreen 848 x 480
Digital Evidence Management Solution
- Flexible storage options to meet the needs of all size agencies – (built on Microsoft Azure Government cloud), On-Premise, or Hybrid
- Full chain-of-custody and complies with FBI CJIS standards
- VIEVU® Smartphone App enables livestream of videos and metadata additions
- Advanced features to quickly blur faces and objects and to integrate other systems including computer-aided dispatch, records management, and active directory