Terms and Policies
The term “VIEVU” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 105 W. John St. Seattle, WA 98119. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services, or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without VIEVU’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws the United States of America.
UNSOLICITED IDEA SUBMISSION POLICY
VIEVU or any of its employees do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new or improved products or technologies, product enhancements, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. Please do not submit any unsolicited ideas, original creative artwork, suggestions or other works (“submissions”) in any form to VIEVU or any of its employees. The sole purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when VIEVU’s products or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to VIEVU. If, despite our request that you not send us your ideas, you still submit them, then regardless of what your letter says, the following terms shall apply to your submissions:
TERMS OF IDEA SUBMISSION
You agree that:
- Your submissions and their contents will automatically become the property of VIEVU, without any compensation to you.
- VIEVU may use or redistribute the submissions and their contents for any purpose and in any way.
- There is no obligation for VIEVU to review the submission.
- There is no obligation to keep any submissions confidential.
VIEVU does, however, welcome your feedback regarding many areas of VIEVU’s existing business. If you want to send us your feedback, and we hope you do, we simply request that you send it to us using the form on our Contact page. Please provide only specific feedback on VIEVU’s existing products or marketing strategies; do not include any ideas that VIEVU’s policy will not permit it to accept or consider. It’s just one more way that VIEVU can learn how to best satisfy your needs.
FEEDBACK AND INFORMATION
Any feedback you provide at this site shall be deemed to be non-confidential. VIEVU shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis.
VIEVU SOLUTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
STRAIGHT SHOOTER 25 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
MONTHLY SERVICE PLAN AND CUSTOMER AGREEMENT
VIEVU is providing you its body-worn video cameras identified on your invoice at no initial charge pursuant to this plan. You agree to a contract with VIEVU as described in these terms and conditions as to each camera identified on your invoice. The length of the contract is twenty four months. You agree to pay VIEVU a monthly fee of $39.99 for each camera listed on your invoice during the contract term, which is a 24 consecutive month period commencing on the shipping date identified on your invoice. Your monthly fee provides you the use of the cameras identified on your invoice as well as access to VIEVU’s VERIPATROL software. During the 24 month contract VIEVU remains the owner of the cameras identified on your invoice. At the conclusion of your contract period the cameras become your property. At the conclusion of your contract period your VERIPATROL access will continue without interruption. You may at any time during the 24 month service plan pay the balance of the service plan and own the cameras without penalty. Please contact VIEVU for further information on paying off the balance of a service plan. If you decide to terminate your contract with VIEVU before the end of your 24 month contract you agree to pay an early termination fee and return the camera to VIEVU. The fee you agree to pay will vary depending on when you choose to terminate your contract within the 24 month contract. The following schedule identifies the early termination fee you agree to pay: $350.00 minus $10 for each full month of your service commitment that you complete. You agree that if you decide to terminate your contract early you will still be responsible for all monthly payments incurred up to the time of termination as well as the early termination fee. Once you have paid all 24 monthly charges you will own the camera. Until you have made those payments the camera will still be VIEVU’s property. Any camera damaged or destroyed by intentional act or attempt to open or alter the camera will be treated as an early termination under the terms of this contract.
MONTHLY SERVICE PLAN EQUIPMENT PROTECTION PLAN
VIEVU includes an equipment protection plan for its cameras in its 24 month service plan program. VIEVU’s equipment protection plan provides for repair or replacement of any malfunctioning or damaged camera at VIEVU’s option where the damage is not covered by VIEVU’s warranty. VIEVU’s equipment protection plan covers only malfunction and damage caused by accident, however. The equipment protection plan does not cover intentional damage or any damage caused by the customer’s attempt to open or alter the camera. To submit a claim under the Equipment Protection Plan you must return the camera to VIEVU with a description of the cause and nature of the damage sustained. VIEVU will then either repair or replace any camera subject to the terms of the Equipment Protection Plan.
If you are not satisfied with your VIEVU purchase of a product, please Contact Us for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) request within 14 calendar days of the original date of delivery. You must return the product to VIEVU within 14 calendar days of the issuance of the RMA. All returns must be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, and documentation that shipped with the product. All unopened returns are subject to a restocking fee of 10 percent of the purchase price. All undamaged opened returns are subject to a restocking fee of 25 percent of the purchase price. Shipping charges will not be refunded. All return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer. No returned merchandise will be accepted without a Return Material Authorization (RMA). No returned merchandise will be accepted without the original manufacturer’s packaging. We will credit you in the same manner as your original payment within 7 days of receiving the returned item. Ship authorized returns to the following address:
105 W. John St.
Seattle, WA 98119
For questions regarding our return policy please Contact Us.
If you discover what you believe is a product defect for a VIEVU product, please contact VIEVU Support. If your product does have a defect, your product is covered under the terms of your product’s warranty.
VIDEO RECOVERY DISCLAIMER
Purchaser is responsible for maintaining all evidence and videos taken with Company products. Purchaser should download all videos from Company products before returning to Company for repair or replacement. Purchaser shall indemnify Company for any evidence or videos that cannot be recovered from products.
PRODUCT WARRANTY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Product Warranty. Company warrants to purchaser that the Products purchased hereunder shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship and shall conform in all material respect to the Specifications for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of delivery thereof, provided the Product in question has been stored and used in accordance with ordinary industry practices and conditions. The use of non-Company branded or approved accessories or replacement parts may result in damage not covered by warranty. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCTS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
- Remedies. In the event that a Product does not comply with the product warranty set out above and such non-conforming Product is returned to Company within the warranty period by Purchaser freight prepaid, Company will repair or replace such non-conforming Product at no additional charge to Purchaser; the repaired or replaced Product will be returned to Purchaser, freight prepaid.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The foregoing express warranties are limited to Company and are not transferable and are in lieu of any other warranty by Company with respect to Products furnished hereunder. COMPANY GRANTS NO OTHER WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Limitation of Liability. COMPANY SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SALE OR USE OF ITS PRODUCTS, WHETHER OR NOT COMPANY HAS ADVANCE NOTICE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF COMPANY BREACHES ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, PURCHASER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT IN ANY EVENT EXCEED THE CONTRACT PRICE FOR THE PARTICULAR PRODUCTS.